About Hume Consulting Inc.
Hume Consulting Inc is a professional services company specializing in information technology consulting and outsourcing and traditional and converged telecom and wireless consulting.
It was founded in 2001 by Ron Hume. Ron has a solid background in Information Technology and advanced telephony. Following is a brief summary:
- 20 years of experience in Information Technology, including 15 years of experience leveraging IT concepts in the telecom and converged network space
- 15 years of consulting in telecommunications, voice and data network, and software design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of New Brunswick in Canada
- Designed and ran one of the first web hosting sites in Canada
- Advanced TCP/IP network design experience with specific focus on performance, security, and reliability
- Author of several whitepapers regarding Performance Tuning, High Availability and Reliability of Systems, and Distributed Call Processing for Voice Systems
- Consulting practice principle at Cygnus Telecom
- Cygnus received Product of the Year award from Computer Telephony Magazine in 1996
- Cygnus' product was featured on QNX Software's Real World Stories website
- Directed leading edge research in ATM and Cable broadband technologies from 1992-1995 working with Communications Research Canada's Broadband Application Development Laboratories (BADLAB)
- Participated in the design, development, testing, and deployment of AIN based Internet Caller ID (ICID) and Internet Call Waiting (ICW) for a major domestic carrier while at IBM Canada
- Multiple patents and outstanding patent applications in Canada, the US, and Europe
- Experience participating in the standards development process. Have worked on, participated in, or represented my company at the following standards bodies - CableLabs/PacketCable, Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), International Telecommunications Union (ITU), International Softswitch Consortium (ISC), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Engaged customer for requirements, architected, lead development, lead system test, certification, and successfully deployed a Service Control Point (SCP) for use in cellular wireless networks while at IBM. This included supporting deployments around the world and doing target network engineering and integration
- Participated in architecture and development of network edge device for Unified Messaging (UM) product for use by British Telecom (announced by BT at Telecom 1999 in Geneva).
- Helped to define the Netspeak Next Generation Product Architecture. NetSpeak was acquired by Net2Phone August 2001.